Join Barb Walden, Peter Smith, and Michael Wright as they explore Community of Christ history on a once-in-a-lifetime tour of Italy this October 4-14, 2024.
Highlights of the Italy Tour
As you make your New Year's Resolutions for 2024, be sure to include an exciting church history tour of Italy. Join the Community of Christ Historic Sites Foundation as we explore history in Italy this October 4-14. History will come alive as our tour guests:
- Explore the ancient city of Rome
- See Augustus' Altar of Peace and Piazza del Popolo
- Experience Vatican City, the Vatican Museums, and the Sistine Chapel
- Enjoy a walking tour of Assisi and visit to the Basilica of St. Francis
- Relish your time in Florence exploring the Museum of the Works of the Cathedral
- Witness the beauty of historic masterpieces by artists Michelangelo, Ghiberti, and Donatello
- Learn about Community of Christ's past connections to the Waldensian as you travel to northern Italy and visit a historic Waldensian community that was once home to an early RLDS missionary, John Avondet
- Visit Pisa, Pinerolo, and so much more on this unforgettable tour of Italy!
Exciting Pre and Post Tours (optional)
In addition to the main tour of Italy, tour guests may extend their 10-day journey to include a pre tour to the beautiful Amalfi Coast and a "mountain top" experience on our post tour of Switzerland.
Pre Tour to the Amalfi Coast (Sept. 30 - Oct. 5)
Our pre-tour adventure includes breathtaking views of the sea and pastel-colored cottages along Italy's coast. Guests will visit Castel Gandolfo, enjoy a 3-night stay in Sorrento, visit the Isle of Capri, see the ruins of Pompeii, and more!
Pre-tour price: Starting at $1,848 per person
Click on the brochure link below for additional details
Post Tour to Switzerland (October 14 - 19, 2024)
Highlights of the post-tour include an incline railway ride up the Matterhorn, breathtaking views of the Swiss mountains, a leisure day in Interlaken (known as the heart of Switzerland), and a trip to Lucerne to see the painted panels of Kappel Bridge, Lion Monument (made famous by Mark Twain), and the 14th century wall boasting nine different watchtowers.
Post tour price: Starting at $2,398 per person
Click on the brochure link below for additional details.
Main Italy Tour Price and Reservation Information
The all inclusive price for the Italy tour is $5,399 per person* including airfare from New York. Land Only Package may be purchased for $4,299 USD.
Tour Price Includes:
**Additional baggage and optional fees may apply; see fine print in brochure for details.
For more information, contact:
Educational Opportunities Guest Services: (800) 247-0017 ext. 500
or by email at: email@example.com
For additional information and to reserve a seat on this once-in-a-lifetime tour, click the links below for the tour brochure and online reservation form.
Download the tour brochure and reservation form:
Click registration button below to register for the Italy tour.
Please note, the registration button will redirect you to the Educational Opportunities Tours (EOT) page. EOT is working with the Historic Sites Foundation to manage the 2024 tour including guest registration.